We at PlaywinPoker.com, see online gambling as a legitimate form of entertainment that is enjoyed by millions worldwide. While we experience the same fun and excitement that is shared by most online players, we also understand that there is a small percentage of those who participate and let gambling assume too large a role in their life.
While most studies indicate that the number of problem gamblers is as low as 1%, we feel the need to develop an industry leading problem gambling program.
At PlaywinPoker.com, we demonstrate our commitment to responsibly marketing our products to adult gamblers by developing and implementing programs that comply with both the letter and the spirit of the laws, rules, policies and agreements that govern our business practices both legally and morally. These include:
An extensive and ongoing training program for all staff to help recognize and understand the effects of problem gambling. While compulsive gambling is not easy to detect our staff have been trained to use their best efforts to identify problems and take appropriate action, where deemed necessary.
Players who feel that gambling is playing too large a role in their life can request to be removed from promotional mailings or to be excluded from the poker room all together.
Players can request us to reduce or limit the amount of credit that is given at any point of time or during a specific period of time.
Know when to Fold
Online gambling is another form of entertainment, and it is essential for players to understand that. If gambling has placed a burden on your life either financially or emotionally, we suggest you ask yourself the following 20
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions. If you would like to seek professional advice, please click on the following link: Gamblers Anonymous
Remember to wager with your head and not over it. We take pride in the experience that we provide so please enjoy it wisely and if at any point you have any questions, please contact our experienced and trained team members.
Underage Gambling: The right age to bet
- Use child protection software to block gaming sites for younger children.
- Do not leave children unattended when you play on the software.
- Do not share your credit card or bank account details with underage children.
- Do not leave the "Save Password" option enabled on the Poker Software login screens.
Create separate profiles for your children on computers so that when they login, they do not access your information.
If you know a person under the age of 18 who is registered with PlaywinPoker.com , please email us at: