|Getting started||How to Play||Special Features||Payment Options||Refer-A-Friend||Affiliates||Promotions||Contact Us|
|Home > How to Play > Poker School|
Poker SchoolHOW TO PLAY TEXAS HOLD’EM
Welcome to the Playwinpoker Free Poker Training School
During this poker training you will be taught to learn how to play Texas Hold’em, Omaha poker and Omaha Hi/Lo. Amongst which Texas Hold’em is world’s most popular five card game played all over the world.
To play these games, you need a lot of skills, strategies and experience and only practice will make you a better pro player. However, poker is a lifetime study to master on.
DECK OF CARDS
A pack of cards is called a deck. It consists of 52 cards, which are divided into a group of 13 cards, and each group is of a particular suit. The highest card in a deck starts with an Ace following with King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2. There are four suits – Spades, Hearts, Diamonds and Clubs.
Texas Hold’em is a five card game wherein the players need to bet in certain amount and the player with the best five card hand wins the pot. Poker is usually played with 10 players but can also be played with minimum two players. Before starting the game there are some terms that you need to know:
3. DEALER BUTTON
5. HOLE (POCKET) CARDS
6. COMMUNITY CARDS (BOARD)
7. BET : Bet is the amount, which is voluntarily put into the pot by the player.
8. CALL : Call is the amount needed to equal the biggest bet on the table.
9. RAISE : Raise is the amount to increase the previous bet.
11. FOLD : Fold is to withdraw from further participation in the current hand.
12. ALL-IN : The players can go "all-in" when they bet all their remaining chips or money. They can go all-in either by compulsion or by wish. Side pot is created for the players going all-in.
13. SHOWDOWN : At the end of the fourth betting round, showdown of cards takes place wherein the active players show their best five card hand and that decides the winner.
|Copyright ©2006 - 2007 playwinpoker.com . All Rights Reserved|